Reboot: Is your data like a snowflake?
Is your fundraising data like a snowflake? No two reports are alike?
Fundraising without accurate data is like taking a cross country road trip without a map or GPS. You might see some great sights, but your trip highlights will be accidental, not by design.
No one wants to be an “accidental” fundraiser.
If you are frustrated with your CRM or data, you need to do something about it now.
- Collect examples with clear evidence of how “bad data” or “faulty infrastructure” is impacting your ability to fundraise.
- Share your pain points with your supervisor and clearly identify who might be able to help:
- Do you need the organization to give you more time from an internal expert?
- Do you need to hire an outside consultant to assess your data infrastructure?
- Do you need to create clear guidelines for sourcing income?
Complaining about data won’t solve the problem. What can you do about it?