You likely have 100 tasks that take a back seat to your immediate goal of bringing in revenue. But if you are lucky enough to be experiencing a lift in fundraising because of the radical shift in political climate, take this opportunity to clean out your idle queue.
That’s right. Plow through those tasks.
- Look at your sustainer recapture series. Is it effectively keeping monthly donors from churning?
- Do deeper analysis. For instance, what is the average timeframe that you have to re-engage a first time donor by getting a second gift?
- What does your cultivation strategy look like? How are you tracking performance via retention metrics?
- How are new donors being thanked and stewarded?
- Insert your list of to-do’s here.
The Trump bump won’t last forever. Take advantage of this time to do some spring cleaning and get your fundraising house in order.