“Who’s gonna create all this content?”
We hear that a lot when we suggest that midlevel donors, sustainers and other high-value but not quite major donor folk get treated as more of an insider. It’s all well and good to say you need to give these folks richer content, but where is that content going to come from?
Chances are you already have it.
Smart organizations are wizards at repurposing. Here’s a list of some of the things that may be available to you, that with a tweak here and there is ready-made for your high value folks:
- Your ED’s memo to the Board on the eve of board meetings
- Your organization’s roundup of relevant news clips about you and your issue
- Briefing materials or proposals written for major donors
- Internal strategy memos or emails
- Oldie but goodie blog posts
- Transcripts or drafts of speeches given by the ED
The list goes on and on.
Just like Dorothy and the ruby slippers, the answer might just be at your feet. Ot fingertips.